Thursday, September 08, 2005

Domestic Engineer Vs Career Woman


Well, today was the first day that I knew what it felt like to have both of my kids in school. Man, the things you can accomplish in your day when you are not berraged with... mommy, look at this. mommy, come here quick, mommy look at the bug I just caught, mommy, my sock is stuck in the air conditioner again.........
Now don't get me wrong - I love my kids to death, in fact, I have always been a full time working mom until this January, I finally decided not to ignore feelings of missing out on being a " there for you mom" I have taken an indetermined leave. I feel very gratified by this.
I was able to volunteer in my childrens kindergarten class and grade 3 class. My kids loved me being there for their field trips, sports days, concerts, and special days.
I know though that it is going to have to come to an end sooner or later. I will have to return to the workforce. I am at a crossroads on top of all of this as well.

I would like to be able to work part time - but probably not be able to afford it. Let me just give a kudos to all you moms at home who are able to manage it, wonderful work and I admire you.
But before my days of "can I just have that, I won't ask for anything else ever in my whole life", " but we're just wrestling mom..." and "he started it" added with the fact that no matter what by the end of the day my clothes will be sporting a peanut butter or jam blob that I did not notice. I will cherish every moment I get to lay my eyes on them, knowing that because I finally listened to my inner desire, I have learned to be a better mom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mysorean said...

Hi Lisa,

You have a wonderful blog! I liked the few posts that I read!

All the best to your weight-reduction initiative! I will pray that you return to your young and beautiful days!

I will add you to my blogroll!

Love to your kids!

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter