Friday, September 09, 2005

The Fair


This is called "SpinOut" one of the rides my 8 year old thrill seeker daughter rode at our annual fair. I just picked up my pictures today and it reminded me of all the fun we had. Talk about a fun day full of sights, sounds, and smells. I even resisted the fairs famous food grounds, however I did not leave completely empty handed. I mean who can resist a piece of homemande chocolate fudge. Certainly not me ! My children and I were at the fair for about 7 or 8 hours, and we did not even have time to cover the rodeo ground events. That was strictly viewing all the animals, and riding the horrific rides ( which I cannot do )
How can kids do that anyway..... at what point in our lives did grownups develop a sense of fear, and lose our sense of careless abandon. Kind of sucks growing up doesn't it ?
But needless to say, the full day of standing, walking, cheering them on, and seeing their beautiful ear to ear grins and lit up eyes was well worth it. Even fighting off the wasps. I guess thats why my mom made sure to take me every year, and now I the same !

1 Comments:

Blogger Mysorean said...

Hi Lisa,

You seem to have had a nice outing! :)

I completely agree with you that on growing up we lost our sense of complete abandon somewhere. We need to get it back. And it's possible. We just need to search a li'l bit because it's hidden behind the dense forests of perception that comes with age!

Nice post! Keep writing!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter