Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Big One


.... Yesterday was my birthday, and as you can guess by the picture it was quite a monumental one ! ( For me anyway ) Besides having a coronary everytime I realize I can no longer say that I am in my 20's I am doing ok.

Although.....according to the lady at the spa, that is not the case.

I was treated to a facial and massage for a birthday present, and I was beyond excited. I have a bad neck so this was going to be PERFECT.... or so I thought.

While I was in the midst of a most relaxing massage I sighed, " what a way to start my decline into middle age" meaning that is where I am headed now.

BUT - the oh so nice spa lady says " oh its your birthday, you're 40 ?

WELL LET ME TELL YOU - that was it for relaxing. Whaddaya mean 40. Geeze. I was paranoid for months that I was turning 30, now I might as well be 50.

Tell me, how can you relax and enjoy a massage, while you are vulnerably covered with only a thin sheet as it is, and now you have just been aged 10 years.

I think I am going to eat my entire birthday cake tonight !!! That oughta show her....... right ??????

1 Comments:

Blogger Mysorean said...

Hi Lisa!

Wish you a very very Happy Birthday! :)

30, 40 or 50! age doesn't matter! Attitude is everything! And you have a wonderful attitude! :)

Have a great day!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter