Sunday, September 18, 2005

Finally Found One


Yea !
I finally found a " Venus Fly Trap " I have not had one of these since I was about 5 years old. I was telling my kids about them, and they did not believe me. They were sure mommy was telling them a Golly Whopper.

I brought it home today after spying it at our local fruit and garden centre, Swan Lake. The kids were ver mystified as I went outside, caught a nymph with some tweezers and fed it to the "trap". Their eye lit up as the plant closed around the bug in mere second.

What a fun educational plant. I may even get one for their classroom !

I think I am having more fun than the kids, but oh well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mysorean said...

Hi Lisa,

Even I have never seen a "Venus Fly Trap"! Only heard loads about it. And just saw a pic in your article.

Only if you have fun will your children also enjoy while learning! :)

Have more fun! and learn even more! :)

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter