Monday, October 24, 2005

Hook Line & Sinker


Finally, I got to go fishing again this year. I love to go !
Only this time, there were a couple of, "glitches" I guess you would call them.

Pictured above is "Streak Lake" where the adventure began.

The morning started early, after donning multiple layers of fleece and my prized Nickleback touque (which by the way I am too old to be wearing as I do not look cool in it one bit - but what the hay ! )

Once we hit the road I have a sip of my hot chocolate and carolina's - now don't be getting the wrong idea here.... I only had one - although strong, it was ONE. After all I had a kids halloween party to brace myself for.

Anyways, after an hour and a bit drive ( as read map wrong couple of times ) the boat is about to be lauched. This is where the REAL story begins.

I do not get to drive the boat because apparently that is a "man thing" so as the passenger, I get in last, and push us off as I do such. YEAH RIGHT.

As I contemplate for about 5 full minutes on which leg I am best going to accomplish this with, I am told "Just get in already !" So I go for broke.

Needless to say, I got soaked to mid calf and we did not "push off" at all. So, some guy had to come and push us out. Now for all you fisher people out there please listen up.... PLEASE SAVE US "FLUFFIER" PEOPLE EMBARASSMENT AND DON'T PUT US AT THAT END. Because... as the poor guy was struggling to push us in from my end the boat of course is scraping the rocks on bottom because my BUTT is weighing down that end of the boat !

Finally, out on the lake, I take a deep breath and get the guts up to tell Dean, who is already shaking his head at me, that in all of this goings on, I kinda sorta SAT ON THE FRIGGIN' WORMS !!!.

Both containers are crushed - Boy That Hot Chocolate Is Sure Tasting Good Right Now !

Well now, phewwff. After all that is done, lets get some fishing in. After all that is why we came. So after my spectacular catch of a couple of lunkers it is time to go.

That means time to load up the boat - dun dun daaaaaaa....

I get out of the boat while only soaking myself up to the ankles this time, and put things away in the truck. Dean flips the boat upside down and we each grab a side. LIFT.

Now, I am not in the best shape of my life so I try to make these kinds of things as easy and quick as possible. So what do I do !?

TRIP IN A HOLE IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY AND THE BOAT FALLS ON ME TRAPPING ME UNDER IT... squirming like a bug. gawd.

I get up as fast as humanly possible and avert my eyes from all who witnessed this spectacle. While finally pushing the boat as far back into the truck as we can, I let go of the heavy sucker...... right onto my fingers !!!! $#%@.

Yes, now we all know why I am not a delicate prima ballerina I guess.
Maybe I am better suited to the Circus ?? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter