Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A New Calling


You Guessed It !

I am going to be a Potterer ! ( is that even a word ? )
In other words I have discoverd that I have an inate ability at the pottery wheel. NOT.

First of all, I have to say I Love Wal-Mart ! Without them and having kids as an excuse for trying out all their stuff, I don't know where I would be today.

My big idea for today was to get the "kids" ( yeah right - I think I wanted it more ) A pottery wheel craft set. It is very cool, except one thing. Apparently things marked 8+ yrs means that you are SUPPOSED to be a Master Crafstman !!!

Gone are the days of kids bringing their parents the traditional first ever clay creation of an ashtray. ( you all know you did - even if you knew they did not smoke ) Nowadays kids are getting right to the nitty gritty.

So, I told the kids that mommy had to test it out first in order to figure it out and be able to help them later if they needed it.

Well I soon discovered that I was the one that could have used the help. After about 500 attempts, and clay flying around my kitchen at the speed of light as my pottery wheel ever so delicately transformed my ball of clay into the masterpiece it has become....

A BALL OF CLAY WITH AN OPENING.

We will see how the kids fair tomorow - maybe they will be able to teach me something.
Because Demi Moore in Ghost I am not.





2 Comments:

Blogger Mysorean said...

LOL!!

Lisa Potter!

Round ball of clay with an opening! LOL!!

Too cute! Unable to stop smiling!

Would love to meet the mommy and the kids whenever I am in Canada!

3:57 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks Adi :)

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter