Monday, October 31, 2005

Trick or Treat


Now, I know that the origins of Halloween have to do with saints and ghosts of the dead returning to earth and blah blah blah. But you know what ?

I am all about the Candy !

I know this sounds sad, but I am finally able to savour the spoils of Halloween once again. I mean c'mon we have kids for a reason right ?

Don't we all anticipate when our children come of age to go trick or treating because we have passed our years of being able to get by as a "very tall 11 year old". We miss those old days. And not just Halloween, but Easter, Christmas, Valentines Day. Frankly any occasion that warrants our children getting junk - mainly chocolate of course !

Waiting for just that right moment when you can hear them soundly sleeping in their bed, slip into their room, crawling on your hands and knees, feeling for that bag of candy that they thought they stashed so safely under their bed. Little did they know that when you were a child you thought that was the best place to hide your treats.

Now this is no joke, I have been caught before, a couple of Christmases back, raiding my daughters stocking of her m&m's. C'mon - they were M&M's for heavens sake, who can resist.

So, now that I have been "found out" I am marked. Forever a target and carefully watched at every treat giving occasion and for a short time after.

I now must practice extreme caution in these missions. Extreme situations call for extreme measures, I may even have to break out my sons spy vision goggles for my next attempt.

This, for all those parents who pillage and plunder. You know who you are. Please exercise caution, because someday, those little smarty pants figure us out, and it will be all over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter