Thursday, January 05, 2006

Where Did It Go

Where did it go ?

Somehow I seem to have misplaced my inspiration... as eveidenced by my lessend blog enteries. I think I may have discovered the answer today though.

Somewhere between the dirty dishes and constant drying out of snowpants, coats, mittens, touques, scarves, and even socks and pants ( because somehow kids end up soaking wet from the waist down even though thoroughly waterproofed ) and kids going back to school, I realize that it is all over.

I am weakened and feeble, from the pine needles that refuse to be vacumed out of my carpet, to the last $%@# fat filled buttertart that innocently found its way into my mouth.

I seem to carry about me a smell that is a cross between a pine forest and vanilla dryer sheet mixed with slight perspiration ( oops I forgot, women to do perspire, we glisten. )

My house is too quiet, there are no kids battling with the new Light Sabers, there is no electric gadgets going off, I am not tripping over the new leggo and speed bead machine.

It is amiss.

For something that I look forward to from summer on, it seems to have come and gone in a blur.

But, I must continue on. Martha Stewart did not give up while she was in the slammer, so I too must fight the good fight. I must remain positive that shortly my house will return to normal, back to loud and crazy kids. Dog barking. Dirty clothes hidden behind their dressers. Playdough stuck to the ceiling.

I must remain positive, for the day will soon come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter