Monday, December 05, 2005

Decorating The Family Christmas Tree !


The Tree is now done ! Although I have to say it was quite an effort this year.

I am in charge of putting on the lights, garland, and angel. The kids then put on the decorations.........

Each and every year I TRY to sit casually back on the couch with my rum and eggnog, whilst enjoying the merriment of my beautiful children decorating the tree. YEAH RIGHT. I am way too anal. Poor kids.

There I am hawking over them, telling them where to put each and every decoration, and that we cannot put the ones they made on the tree because, because, because well those are special and I do not want them to break. Phewwf thought of that in time. I barter with them and we agree that I will place their decorations throughout the house.

This year however, I was determined to butt out..... and you know what .. I DID !

Kids love to decorate the tree.... I sat there enjoying them. On the edge of my seat. Silently biting my nails to the quick, and inside my head re-decorating the tree. But, I stayed put.

Watching them ever so delicately place the fragile decorations on the very very tip of each branch so that it is barely hanging, you do not want to breathe next to the tree for fear of all the decorations teetering onto the floor. Then there is the pretty effect of hanging the same colors next to each other in bunched groups. Did you know that you can fit 4 "ball" ornaments on one branch, well you can ! I especially love the festive conversation between brother and sister. I can just feel the love I tell ya.

" Ch-a-a-se ! move outta my way, I was in this spot first !"
"No you weren't ! and anyways you're not the boss of me !"

"Chase ! Move ! You're doing it wrong ! "
" NO I'M NOT... Muuumm, Kayla said I'm doing it wrong"

Then, the inevitable crunch of someone stepping on a decoration. The crying, the blood, the laughing of the other sibling that did not get hurt. The one that did get hurt screaming "It's not Funny !" The band-aids. The chocolate bribes to get everyone to settle down.

After about 95 hours the christmas tree is decorated. The children stare in awe at their masterpiece. Inside I am cringing and refrainging from moving everything.

There, I did it ! No interfering on my part whoo-hoo !!!!!!!! Until they go to bed anyway. LOL.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mysorean said...

LOL! :) Typicaly mommy syndrome! :)

How is your neck now?

3:54 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hee Hee - yes, I guess.
My neck is starting to feel better, thanks for asking !

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter