Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I Am Sooooo Getting Older !


Sigh, you know you are getting older when you start to dread the next day's event. When you were younger, you would look forward to it with boundless energy.

Not so anymore. I am starting to grow up I am afraid.

Tomorrow is the annual fall fair. I have been to this fair every year. I am taking my kids and neice. Now, I should be all excited to see the kids smiles and screams and blah blah blah.

But noooooo, what am I thinking ?

* "Gawd my feet are going to be so sore by the end of the day"

* "It better not be too hot, because if I have to stand there in the heat I don't know what I'll do."

* "It better not rain either, because then I'll be left there standing in it."

* "The kids better listen to me or there'll be hell to pay."

It used to be that we would feel so cool if we went to the fair at night time. Now, not only do I refuse to go at night and wander with all the teenagers and creepy people. But, I am going the first day it opens ( tomorrow ) which also happens to be Seniors Day. So it should be relatively calm. I will be there as soon as the midway opens, before the heat and the crowds. Even if the crowds are old people.

Now that I am feeling the affects of my aging ( I am 30 ) I also worry more :

Are the rides safe ?

Will the kids die on one ?

I can't let them eat too much junk, that is not good,

Who are these people running the rides ?

Am I going to get mugged ?

Why do all the ride people smoke, have missing teeth, and lots of tattoos ?

Can I hold it all day, because there is no way I am entering one of those washrooms.

It goes on and on.......

So, tomorrow is fair day - Wheeeeeeeeeeeee !

1 Comments:

Blogger Pure said...

I feel that way with my students. I HATE taking them on field trips becuase I always convince myself half way home that I've forgotten one of them and have to recount the kids then and there to make sure they are all infact there. I also can't even stand it when they are laughing on a field trip, I generally tell them "don't die, cause then I'm going to have to call your mother and explain to her how you died on a music field trip."

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter