Thursday, November 16, 2006

Kumawna Wana Lei Ya


...... NOT !!!!!!

I am actually talking about a kids birthday party here !

Talk about stress.

My daughter is turning 10 years old this Sunday, and as if that does not add enough stress by making me feel old, but I have to plan and make a tropical luau part a reality, for 9 pre-teen girlies.

The party of choice for my little girl, is a Hawaiian one, since her birthday is in between autumn and winter, and not much she can do for it in the way of events, since she is recovering from a broken ankle.

I, as the awesome, wonderful, bestest, coolest ( oops getting carried away ) mom that there is, said yes.

So I have been making the mad scrambles to the dollar store, wal-mart, etc.

I have come up with tropical decorations, lei's for everyone, plus a grass skirt for the birthday girl. There are umbrella straws for tropical ( non-alcholic EXCEPT FOR MINE - drinks ) Paper lanterns, hawaiian themed games. and I have even made a cd of hawaiian and beach party music. That is dedication !!!!

But you know what, all of these simple little things are about to give me a heart attack ! You would think I was planning a wedding for a King for heaven's sake !!!

I can't make her look like a dork. She has to come off as cool yet age appropriate. I want the other moms to think I am like the best mom EVER !

And all of this worry over 8 giggling, chattery, silly, pre-teenies. That will not even remember the event.

Sigh...... the stress of a mom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pure said...

I had a friend that threw a hawaiian party in the middle of winter, they turned the heat and humidifiers up and everyone came in their swimsuits. It was pretty cool. But very cold when you went back outside.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter