Sunday, November 13, 2005

First Snow !


This morning was the first snow !!!
I was just as excited as the kids.

I remember, as a child waking up, my morning bleary eyes checking the window in hopes that it might have snowed overnight to find that it had ! I would then grab anything edible to eat as quickly as I could so I could race outside and breathe that first breath of clean crisp snow. There is nothing like it.

Today was perfect, my children gleefully (although quite loudly) woke me to tell me the exciting news. So I whipped up a batch of pancakes as fast as I could as the children got dresses.

So far so good.....

After breakfast, I pull out the winter clothing bin to find that children have grown leaps and bound, like kids insist on doing. Therefore nothing fits. Ahhhhhh but as a mother there must be a solution to everything.

"OK" I said. " Give me a minute to think this through."

*Solution *
Daughter : 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of sweatpants, sweatshirt, jacket, MY ski gloves. DAD's hiking boots tied as tightly as possible. And a touque that came out of box of Canadian.

Son : 1 pair of socks ( hey I was lucky to even get those on him), fleece pants, fleece shirt, wettish proof spring jacket, MYstretchy gloves and KAYLA's old rubber boots. Oh yes, and anoter touque that came out of a box of Canadian.

So needless to say they changed clothes at least 4 times today. But to see them outside, playing in the fresh ssnow as kids do :

hitting each other in the head with snowballs, facewashes, wrecking your siblings snowman, and then retaliate by wrecking their snowfort. Multiple times of tattle taling about who put snow down whos neck of their jacket.

Ahhhhhhh The Good Old Days


2 Comments:

Blogger Mysorean said...

Never experienced a snow-fall Lisa!

Glad to know you are enjoying! :)

5:27 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

There seems to be nothing so peaceful and serene than walking in a silent snowfall at night, it feels as though you are in a different world :)

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter