Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sheer Bliss


The ice was hard and glistening like glass. The zamboni just finished another round of perfecting the surface. All around me was the smell of ice. As I laced my skates I imagined the delicate sweeping moves I would make as I glided gracefully around the rink...... NOT !

If only that were true, but in my case, nothing can be classified as "delicate".....

Not using my internal mothering instincts, I decided to play "chicken" with my son. Now for anybody who does not know what "chicken" is, it is when two people race towards each other and see who veers away first (the chicken) to avoid the crash. Not only did I decide to play this, I have never told my son ( who is only 6 ) about this game. You can probably guess what's coming.

Well, we have established that I am not a great skater, have gone against mother nature and decided to play a dangerous game, and have not explained any of this to my son. Sounds good eh !

At the speed of light we came barreling towards each other, everything seeming in slow motion. I turn.... Chase turns.... INTO ME. And you hear in a deep slow motion movie voice " No-oo-oo-oo" WHAMO !

The End

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter