Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Kids !


Yeah, imagine the embarrasement at having to call in to work to let them know I cannot make it in, because my son's tongue is stuck to our fence.

Yup, that was me this morning. Not to mention that apparently in -30 C my jeep decided that it did not feel that it was necessary to be able to close the doors all the way.

But back to the tongue thing..... I would like to know how many hundreds of thousands of kids have done this very thing, even though parents have warned against it. And of course being forewarned, because the parents are usually part of the hundreds of thousands who have also done this very thing.

What is this ? A friggin right of passage or something ?
You are not truly Canadian until you too have frozen your toongue to a pole ?!?!

I mean seriously, what in the world posseses us to do such a thing. What, are you walking by, and think to yourself " Hmm, there is a frozen pole, I am going to go over there and lick it."

Not a smart idea, kinda dangerous actually, if you think about it.

How do you call for help with your face stuck to a pole. " ahhllpppp, uummmm, I ung ichh uck oo a ole. ahhllppp !"

1 Comments:

Blogger Pure said...

rolling on the floor laughing my ass off!!! I'm from Wisconsin. Even us in wisconsin knew not to stick our tongues to poles. (Although we would recreate the phenomonon on the gard rail in the freezer, but you just have to wait for it to warm up to room temp)

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter