Thursday, December 28, 2006

Keeping Up With The Times


Ok, so when did the Christmas lists for kids start to include all this stuff. My kids are 10 and 7, these are some of the things they asked for :

* computers ( we have one - they want one in each of their rooms )

* cell phones
* Xbox 360
* TV
Virtual this and vitual that, argghhhhh

Whatever happened to Mr.Potato Head and Light Bright. Maybe some Tinker Toys. Hell, I went to get some leggo for my boy, and apparently there are KINDS of leggo to get. IE - Batman ship. I was going to get him the big box until I saw the price and just about passed out on the floor. $150.00 for some friggin' leggo. Needless to say, I got the medium box.

But I guess in a way I caved ....... I just finished loading songs onto my kids mp3 players......

oh, I mourn the good old days of the Sony Walkman, with tape cassettes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pure said...

I LOVED lightbright! But I agree, and generally kids are so greedy these days. They all want that stuff, even the really poor ghetto children that I teach.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! free counter